SIA Minutes 2-7-2017
Meeting called to order by President Patty Tweed
Alpine Library Community Room 6:00 PM
Members and guests Donna Feeney, Judy Tweed, Pat Valcio, Kathryn Ruedi, Pat Cannon Wolf, Linda Evans, Genevieve Rohan, Susan Lancaster, Kathy Dizney, Barbara Lewis, Patty Tweed, Karen Donoghue
Posted Minutes from last meeting approved.
Induction of New member by Genevieve Rohan
Genevieve gave a wonderful introduction and pin presentation to Pat
Treasurer’s report: Kathy Dizney
Beginning balance $6118.35 Income: $12758.36 Expenses $9020.84
Treasurer report approved.
- Live Your Dream : Award to Hannah Elmasian
Met for lunch after canceling big event due to weather at Descanso Junction and had lunch and presented award and funds.
- DIBI MT. Empire:
The group of girls in Mt Empire meet monthly. Discussion of careers and began planning for a career workshop. All girls in High School would be invited. June 1st (Thursday) Periods 4-5-6 during the day.
Encouraged to develop the “giving back” concept.
- St Patrick’s Day Bunco March 10th See Flyer
- Alpine Honey Festival March 11th from 11 to 4 (Vendor Linda/Kathy)
- Queen Bee Tea March 5th Alpine Chamber (Vendor $40 table/Patty)
- JMMS Girls Speech Contest March 14th ( Susan Refreshments)
Susan, Dana, and Patty to each get a female judge
- Women’s Retreat April 29th/Sponsors/committees
Meeting next week to plan, date TBA
- 2016-2017 SIA president-elect vote due Feb 9th Motion for Patty Tweed to vote for Dawn Marie at the meeting. Motion carried.
Announcements and Reminders
Winter Meeting District III March 4th
Meeting in Lemon Grove $32 cost check to SI Lemon Grove by February 14th to Dona Feeney
Dream Believe,Achieve La Jolla Feb 18: Bucket List Bash $108 May 13th
Blarney Bunco March 18 $35 Friends of East County Arts La Mesa Women’s Club