SI Alpine Meeting Minutes
SIA Meeting Minutes 8-6-16
The Soroptimist International of Alpine held a planning retreat meeting on 8-6-16 at the home of Pat Wood.
Meeting called to order by President Patty Tweed at 10:30 AM. In attendance Lisa Boetjer, Susan Lancaster, Kathy Foster, Kathy Dizney, Pat Wood, Pat Wolf, Barbara Louis, Karen Donoghue, Toni O’Toole, Donna Fenney, Judy Tweed, Patty Tweed.
Item #1 Plans for 2016-2017. The club will narrow the focus of service projects to two. 1) “Live Your Dream”, a grant based upon an application by a young women in need ($1500) and 2) “Dream It Be It”, a teen information and support program with girls from MEUSD ($1500-2000)
Item #2 Meetings for 2016-2017. The club will hold meetings on the first Tuesday of each month September through June at 6 PM at Lisa’s office in Alpine. There will be a Hostess who will handle treats and refreshments for the meeting,
9/6 Susan 10/4 Pat Wolf 11/1 Judy 12/6 * Party at Donna’s house
1/3 Kathy F 2/7 Kathy D 3/7 Pat Wood 4/4 Toni
5/2 Lisa 6/6 Karen 7/11 Planning retreat
Members are requested to bring a friend to each of the meetings and to make sure she sees SIA as a fun and interesting service and social club.
Item #3 Fundraising for 2016-2017. Fundraising will be limited to two Bunco nights and one Holistic Retreat.
- BUNCO The goal for each of the Buncos is to have 64 people in attendance at $20 per person. The Buncos will be held at the Alpine Woman’s Club and the kitchen will be rented. Members will ask for donations for 5-10 baskets to be raffled off.
- HOLISTIC RETREAT The goal for the Holistic Retreat (held at LIsa and Tom’s home) is to have 75 attendees at $65/$75 per person. Members will each obtain one sponsorship ($200, $500 or $1000) to cover the rental of chairs and table and the food and beverages. Goal is to have the fee total to be net profit.
Item #4 Officers for 2016-2017. President Patty Tweed Vice President Donna Feeney Secretary Susan Lancaster Treasurer Kathy Dizney
Item #5 Additional Tasks
Promotion of events/ advertisements Pat Wolf
Press Releases/ Media Kathy Foster
Connection with other local clubs and conventions Donna Feeney
Meeting adjourned at 1:45 PM
Soroptimist of Alpine Meeting 9-6-2016
Lisa Boetjer Office 2271 Alpine Blvd
In attendance: Patty Tweed, Pat Wood, Pat C Wolf, Toni O’Tooloe, Donna Feeney, Kathy Dizney, Marci Hohnemann, Linda Evans , Lisa Boetjer, Barbara Louis, Karen Donoghue, Sig Nielson, Dana Paskle, Michelle Lampfer, Mary Sable, Susan Lancaster, Genevieve Konych-Rohan, Mireya Tweed
Meeting called to order by President Patty Tweed at 6:35 PM
A round robin introduction commenced in order to meet many guests and potential members.
Explained how Alpine is a member of the larger 13 club District III in San Diego county as well as the International organization. Many activities include:
1- Grants available to help women
2- Need volunteers to read essay portions of applications
3- Dream It Be It – MEUSD girls luncheon with members for motivation and mentoring
4- Increase public awareness of SI involvement
5- Be proud of the fact SIA has a seat at the United Nations
6- District IIl annual meeting will be in Alpine and SI Alpine is the hostess; vendor tables available for $50. Other Soroptimist club entrepreneurs encouraged to put up their specialty as a vender. Our club will sell baked goods and provide gifts for first time attendees.
Presentation of new member Toni O’Toole by Ms. Konych-Rohan
- Two accounts combined and saved fees
- Approximately $6000 in combined account
- Checks ordered as regular not expensive business ones.
- Still some dues outstanding
- Contact Kathy Dizney
- Hostess of District III Meeting October 29th Community Center – Pat Wolf coordinating
- Dream It Be It – MEUSD – Pat Wolf coordinating
- Live Your Dream -Patty A Tweed contact
- Halloween Bunco – October 21st Woman’s Club – Karen Donoghue coordinating
- Each member must create and supply a gift basket
- Suggestion to have limited menu so later arrivals have a full choice on items
- Calendar- coordinating by Kathy Dizney
- Valentine Bunco – Next February
- Holistic Retreat – Coordinating by LIsa Boetjer. Flyers for District III meeting to distribute
- Other club announcements – Donna Feeney presented several
- Susan Lancaster and Patty Tweed working on new website
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM
SIA Minutes 10-4-16
Lisa Boetjar *Rebecca Ruiz Susan Lancaster
Kathy Disney Karen Donoghue Patty Tweed
Pat Wolf Barbara Lewis Judy Tweed
Pat Wood *Michelle Lamphear Marci Hohnemann
Donna Feeney *Jennifer Martinez *Linda Evans
Meeting called to order by President Patty Tweed at 6:10 PM
Introductions made and welcome to *new members and guests.
Thanks to Pat Wolf and Judy Tweed for wonderful dinner.
- Treasurer report
- Kathy Disney gave membership report. Corrections made on information and will be sent out via email.
- Proposed budget with income and expenses. $6600 balance. Full report attached.
- Expense report attached for future committees when spending money for reimbursement.
- Dream It Be It
- Purpose “To assist high school girls”
- Focus Mountain Empire high school girls
- First Monday of the month – all welcome 11:00-12:30
- Covers values, careers, life skills, discussions
- Lunch is served
- Potential of an afternoon group 3:30-5:00
- Marci made each girl a bracelet last end of the year and those returning wore theirs.
- BUNCO 10-21-16
- Susan to get Bunco necklaces, table numbers
- Karen is handling food sign ups
- Basket assembly prep work party at Patty’s Tues 10-18 6 PM
- Encourage friends to come. See attached flyer.
- District Workshop 10-29-16
- District meeting is hosted by our Alpine Club
- Alpine Community Center
- Pat Wolf is chairing event. Breakfast and Lunch and workshops are included.
- Vendors provide a $50 valued basket for raffle as fee
- Patty has centerpiece parts. Work party at Patty’s 10-25-16 6 PM
- On Saturday 10-29 Set up at 7:30 AM Registration 8-8:30 AM
- Pat will let people know if tables can be set up and decorated the night before.
- Dona F is donating a special “Spirits” basket of high end distilled liquors for a silent auction as an addition fundraiser
- Pat Dona F for workshop checks to SI Alpine
- Marci will make 20 special bracelets for first time SI workshops attendees
- Women’s Holistic Retreat April 29,2017
- Breakfast and lunch
- Vendors and speakers
- Need a group of members to start sending out sponsor requests. Letterhead request attached.
- SI District News
- Dona will continue to email out local SI events
- 11-12-16 Lemon Grove’s Bunco
- Wednesday before Thanksgiving breakfast Mission Valley
Meeting Adjourned at 7:23
SI Alpine Meeting Minutes
November 1, 2016 . 6pm. 2271 Alpine Blvd. Ste. B
Welcomed Members Donna Feeney, Pat C Wolf, Pat Wood, Barb Louis , Linda Evans, Michelle Lanphear, Dana Paskle, Marcy Hohnemann, Lisa Boetjer, Patty Tweed, Judy Tweed and Kathy Dizney
Treasurer’s report: Kathy Dizney; Halloween Bunco net $900.; District Workshop Raffle $1900 [including silent auction $340 donation by Donna’s son] Total bank balance to be announced at December meeting . Thanks Kathy for all the workshop calculations
Host District lll Fall Meeting ; Excellent outcome from workshop from our club’s input. Comments made that the actual district meeting”s break out sessions were disappointing. Audio/ visuals poor.
DIBI MT. Empire. Excellent reception from girls at October’s meeting. Pat C invited all of us to attend the once a month first Monday meeting at Mt. Empire High School. Donna, Pat C hosted Halloween lunch treats. The girls discussed their ideas for rules and direction they wanted to take this year. Pat C has them writing journals about their thoughts of “who they are and what they want to be” for the next meeting. The counselor Cherie said ‘Dream It Be It ‘ is the hot item at school! Dana suggested offering the girls the opportunity to stage a fashion show at school in the spring.
Halloween Bunco; 33 attended. 3 Chili buffet and sweets were delicious. 12 gift baskets were donated by our members!
Valentine Bunco set for Friday February 3, 2017. Club discussed sending out Evites in addition to flyer invitations. Goal set to fill 14 tables! Invite other Alpine clubs as well.
Kathy Dizney presented a letter written from a Steele Canyon High School student, Rahama Arshad, Safety Advisor, requesting a donation from our club. A motion by Pat C to donate $100 with the stipulation that Rahama come to our meeting to present their program. Motion second and carried. Kathy will contact the student.
Live Your Dream: So far one complete application has been submitted. The deadline is set for Nov. 15th, 2016. Linda suggested contacting the Crisis House in El Cajon for applicants.
Women’s Retreat Sponsors Lisa stated that we need to get sponsor letters out soon for the retreat; a committee meeting was called for Wednesday at 4pm the 9th of November at Lisa’s office for anyone interested in working on the committee. She suggested we offer and ‘early bird special’. Set a goal for 75 women to make this a profitable fundrasier. Balance life enrichments with monetary gains.
Alpine Christmas Parade and booth; Everyone agreed to be a part of this year’s Alpine Christmas Snow Festival and Parade. Steve Tweed will provide the 51 Chevy truck for parade. Linda and Lisa volunteered to set up a committee for booth decorations and hot Spiced Cider
Christmas Party Plans Donna will host our Christmas party at her house in Descanso… 6pm on Dec. 6th.B Bring a $25 gift for the annual exchange game. Donna has the list of food items we volunteered to make and will send out a reminder with her address prior to the party.
Interest in 2nd Meeting Program??? Tabled until January meeting
Announcements and Reminders Donna passed out flyers for other club events. You can pull up the online version at email@example.com
Susan Lancaster is almost finished with our new website sialpine.org……check it out! We will be able to post all our activities, photos and news letters by January.
November Happy Birthdays
to Barb Louis on the 26 and Pat Wood on the 27th!
RAffle Donna won Judy’s raffle item and Marcy won Linda’s raffle item. All our raffle dollars go to our petty cash fund.
Meeting Adjourned 7:45pm
Donna providing and Sweet Potatoes
Judy: Green Beans, Pat C …salad, Michelle …rolls and butter, Barb…cranberry sauce, Lisa…quiches,
Marcy…Hors, D’oeuvres, Patty Kathy and Dana…desserts , Linda…champagne!