SIA Minutes 3-7-2017
Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM by President Patty Tweed
In attendance Karen D, Barbara L., Linda E., Pat C-W., Judy T., Pat V., Kathy D., Dana P., Donna F., Susan L., Marci., Lisa B.
Treasurer Report: Balance $7230 Expenses $100 Honorary Mayor donation. Outstanding SI District $400 Alpine Chamber Bee Tea ½ Table cost members paid other half.
Minutes posted online from last month were approved.
- SI District Winter Meeting report. Pat Cannon Wolf reported event will be May 19-21 . SI Alpine will try to attend the Sunday May 21 meeting. More info next month.
- Dream It Be IT: Pat Cannon Wolf reported on Mondays meeting with the Mt Empire girls. 15-20 girls are actively involved. Future plans include working with the Port of San Diego and a cruise line. Also planning on a June 1st speaker program at Mt Empire High. Girls have requested doctors, nurses, lawyers, and executives to come. Lastly girls are encouraged to participate in community service, a project to clean up and decorate the media center where they meet. Suggestion to provide girls with SI/ DIBI t-shirt was tabled until next month.
- March Bunco March 10th at Women’s Club 6:00 PM. Bring baskets to Patty’s or to Women’s Club on Friday. Set up at 4:30. Dinner includes Corned Beef, Meatballs, Chicken Pasta, pasta salad, green salad, wine, green lemonade, waters and desserts.
- Alpine Honey Festival March 11th. Vendors will line Alpine Blvd. Our booth will be manned by Kathy and Linda and be in front of Dana’s store. Information will promote membership in SI Alpine and attendance at our Holistic Retreat.
- Alpine Girls Speech Contest March 14th 5:00 PM Joan MacQueen Middle school Library. Marci will do bracelets, Patty will get photo frames, Kathy Foster will do Photo shoot. Susan will MC. Judges: Cynthia Jackson, Sarah Mitchell, Howie Cohen.
- Club By-Laws Patty will get to Susan to be retyped and sent out to membership for comments, concerns and changes.
- Holistic Retreat April 29th. Committee meeting March 28th at Lisa’s house at 6:00 PM for final preparation and planning.. Send email addresses to be added to invitation list to Lisa.
- East County Arts are having a Bunco March 18th 11:00-1:30 at the La Mesa Women’s Club
- Donna ( March 13) and Susan ( March 19) Have birthdays this month.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:30 PM